Annapurna Circuit Trekking follows the classic trekking trail in the Annapurna region of Nepal. This route crosses the world’s deepest gorge (Kali Gandaki Gorge, 5571m deep); pass traditional villages and destinations as Ghorepani Poon Hill. This trek makes the circle encompassing various natural and artistic attractions of Nepal. Once you leave Kathmandu, the trail moves anti-clockwise from Besisahar. Thorong La Pass at a height of 5,416m/17,769ft is the highest point of the trek. Annapurna Circuit Trek has a distinct feature with its scenic beauty of fauna, rivers, flora, and mountains. The trail passes series of mountains ranges like Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, Langtang, Gangapurna, and Annapurna. Furthermore, Annapurna Circuit Trek also takes us to Manang and the Mustang region where you can enjoy the stunning Nepalese landscape, culture, tradition, and lifestyles along with the alpine valley, frozen lakes, centuries-old caves, and monasteries.
- Trip Name: Annapurna Circuit Trekking
- Trip Code: ANNAPURNA-ULMAWX
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Luxury Tour,Live Guide Tour
- Activities: TREKKING HOLIDAY ,NATURE TOURS
- Experiences: Adventure ,Nature
- Starting Point: At Tribhuvan International Airport
- Ending Point: Tribhuvan International Airport for your next destination
What to expect ?
You can see the beautiful views of Mountain Ranges, Nepalese cultural villages and exotic biodiversity.
Day 01 - Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (1400m):
Upon your arrival at TIA, our representative picks you from the Airport and transfers you to the hotel.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 02 - Kathmandu to Besisahar in a bus Besisahar to Jagat (1100m) in Jeep:
Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar along the Trishuli River and Marsyangdi River takes about 5/6 hours. During the journey, you can enjoy the view of suspension bridges above the Rivers, hills on the opposite side and few settlements along the highway. Then we drive to Jagat in a Jeep. The route to Jagat is rough so it’s a bumpy ride.
Overnight in Jagat
Day 03 - Jagat to Dharapani (1960m, 5 to 6 hours of walk)
Today is the first day of the trek. We will commence the walk early in the morning after breakfast. We will cross the steep routes upwards and downwards for about 5 hours before reaching Dharapani. Nowadays, people usually drive to Dharapani in a jeep after the construction of the route.
Overnight in Dharapani
Day 04 - Dharapani to Chame (2630m, 4 to 5 hours of walk)
The journey continues to Chame at 2630m. Along the way, you encounter a stone entrance Chorten that is typical of the Tibetan influenced villages. Then you visit the Bagarchhap (2160m) that has typical flat-roofed stone houses. The trail then climbs along rough and rocky way to Tyanja at 2360m, and then to Kopar at 2590m. Then we will crash at Chame which is the headquarter of the Manang district.
Overnight in Chame
Day 05 - Chame to Pisang (3300m, 4 to 5 hours of walk)
The day commences with a walk through the deep forest into a narrow valley. We cross a river on a long suspension bridge at 2910m and another one at 3040m. Then the glimpse of the soaring Paungda Danda rock clears up. From there the trail leads to Pisang.
Overnight in Pisang
Day 06 - Pisang to Manang (3570m, 4 to 5 hours of walk)
We continue exploring the upper part of the Manang. Manang district from Nepal is cut off from the full effect of the monsoon. People here raise crops and herd yaks for some months of the year and get involved in trading for other months. Leaving Pisang, we take an alternate trail that lies north and south of the Marsyangdi which take us to Mungji. The southern route by Hongde involves less climbing than from the northern route via Ghyaru. From Mungji, the trail takes us to the partially hidden village of Bryanga (3475m) before we reach to Manang at 3500m.
Overnight in Manang
Day 07 - Manang - Acclimatization day
We spend a relaxing day to acclimatizing our body to increasing altitude in Manang. We will spend the day doing by doing some easy walks and overviewing the stunning views around the village. If you wish to walk, we can explore the Ice lake as well.
Overnight in Manang
Day 08: Trek to Yak Kharka(4,110m, 5 to 6 hours of walk)
Today is a long hiking day. We will begin the hike early morning and after 5/6 hours of walk, we will get to Yak Kharka. The trail is steep upwards and downwards.
Overnight in Yak Kharka
Day 09 - Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4,600m, 5 to 6 hours of walk)
After leaving, Yak Kharka the trail makes 2000m ascent to the Thorong La pass. Leaving Marshyangdi Valley, we make the climb through Tenki. After crossing Jars Ang Khola Valley, we reach Thorong Phedi at 4450 m where we can see the vegetations more sparse.
Overnight in Phedi
Day 10 - Thorong Phedi to Muktinath (3800m, 4 to 5 hours of walk)
The journey from Phedi i.e foot of Thorong La pass begins with a steep climb. Sometimes, snowfall may add some issues. The prayer flags and Chortens marks about 4 hours climb to the pass. As we reach the top, we are rewarded by the magnificent view from the top.
Overnight in Muktinath
Day 11 - Muktinath to Jomsom to (2600m)
We will drive in a jeep along a plateau above the Kali Gandaki gorge. After a visit to Muktinath Temple, a famous pilgrimage to Hindu and Buddhist all around the nation, we will drive to Jomsom.
Overnight in Jomsom
Day 12 - Jomsom to Pokhara:
After breakfast, we will either fly or drive to Pokhara. Drive to Pokhara from Jomsom takes 6 to 7 hours while the fight is just about half an hour scenic flight.
Overnight in Pokhara
Day 13 - Drive back to Kathmandu
We will either fly or drive to Kathmandu after breakfast in Pokhara.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 14 – Farewell
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- One full-day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
- Transportation by tourist Bus
- Three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), during the trek
- Accommodation during the trek (lodge/tea House)
- Safe drinking water (medicated) during the trek
- Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner
- Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, english-speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Farewell dinner
- Porter and his entire expenses (one porter for every 2 trekkers)
- Insurance Guide and Porter
- All required government and local taxes
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- First aid service (basic)
- Nepal arrival visa fee
- Meals in the city (Kathmandu/Pokhara) except breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner,
- Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
- Wi-Fi, hot showers, battery charging services during the trek
- Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD 26 per person)
- Your personal nature expenses like, mineral water, soft and alcoholic beverages, snacks, extra meal, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary.
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters,
- Tips (as an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation.
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
At Tribhuvan international airport or at your hotel.
During your stay in Kathmandu, we will visit Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath.