Ghorepani Ghandruk Trekking is the recently commenced community base trail in Nepal. This route passes through the traditional Gurung and Sherpa villages, Glaciers, waterfalls, Suspension bridges and destinations such as Ghorepani and Poon Hill. This trek encompasses various natural and artistic attractions of Nepal. Once you leave Kathmandu, the trail moves closer to the Himalayas.
It’s an off beaten track where we can observe Annapurna I 8091m, Mount Dhaulagiri 8167m, Fishtail / Machhapuchhre 6998m, Annapurna south 7219m, Nilgiri 7041m, Annapurna II 7939m, Annapurna III 7555m, Lamjung Himal 6988m e.t.c. During the trek, you can enjoy the great mountain views from Poon Hill (3,210 m) which is also the highest point of this trek. Ghorepani Ghandruk Trekking takes us through the Magar and Gurung village that lies right on the Great Himalaya Lower Trail. Also, the tea house in the region is controlled by the local community where the whole village can benefit from your visit.
- Trip Name: Ghorepani Ghandruk Trekking
- Trip Code: GHOREPANI-E2ASK5
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Live Guide Tour,Multi-day Tour
- Activities: NATURE & ADVENTURE ,TREKKING HOLIDAY
- Experiences: Nature ,Adventure
- Starting Point: At Tribhuvan International Airport
- Ending Point: Tribhuvan International Airport for your next destination
What to expect ?
You can view the Mountain Ranges, Nepalese cultural villages and exotic biodiversity etc.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu:
Upon your arrival at TIA, our representative picks you from the Airport and transfers you to the hotel.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 02: City tour:
Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital is a home for different cultural heritages and traditional spots. During your stay at Kathmandu, we will visit Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath. Pashupatinath is a famous Hindu pilgrimage which is the temple of Lord Shiva while Bouddhanath is the biggest monastery in Nepal. The rest of the day can be spent shopping around Thamel and preparing for the trek.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (6 to 7 hours of a ride)
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara along the Trishuli River takes about 6/7 hours. During the journey, you can enjoy the view of suspension bridges above the Rivers, hills on the opposite side and few settlements along the highway. If we have enough time, we explore the Phewa Lake at Lakeside, Pokhara.
Overnight in Pokhara
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul and then trek to Tikhedhunga: (5- 6 hours of walk)
Early morning, we will drive to Nayapul which is about 3 to 4 hours of scenic drive in a Jeep. Then our trek commences with a walk to Tikhedhunga. The trail to Tikhedhunga is a somewhat steep upwards. We will cross few suspension bridges and some small settlements before we reach Tikhedhunga.
Overnight in Tikhedhunga
Day 05: Trek Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (6 to 7 hours of walk)
After early morning breakfast, we will begin our trek along the steep stairs. It’s the slow and easy climb for a couple of hours before we reach Ghorepani. There are multiple stops in the way up to Ghorepani where you can have lunch or a cup of coffee.
Overnight in Ghorepani
Day 06: Early morning climb up to Poon Hill – Trek to Tadapani (6 to 7 hours of walk)
We will wake up early in the morning and trek for about an hour to reach Poon Hill where we can witness the panorama view of Himalayan ranges and the beautiful sunrise. We will enjoy the view for some moments and then trek back to Ghorepani for breakfast. After breakfast, we will walk up and down through the hills and cross multiple small settlements before we reach Tadapani.
Overnight in Tadapani
Day 07: Trek Tadapani to Ghandruk (4 to 5 hours of walk)
Today, we only trek for a couple of hours to Ghandruk. The trail is easy mostly downhill. We will have our lunch in Ghandruk and have rest for the day. We can visit the Gurung museum and villages around Ghandruk and also enjoy the beautiful view of Annapurna and Fishtail massif from Ghandruk.
Overnight in Ghandruk
Day 08: Trek Ghandruk to Nayapul- Drive to Pokhara (2 to 3 hrs of a walk, 3 hrs of drive)
After enjoying the early morning view of mountain ranges from Ghandruk and then commence our trek. Today we trek all the way down to Nayapul. We can witness some Nepalese settlements during the route. From Nayapul, we will drive to Pokhara on a jeep. The road is smooth and thus the ride shall be fun.
Overnight in Pokhara
Day 09: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (6 to 7 hours of drive)
After early breakfast, it’s time to leave Pokhara. We will take a tourist bus to Kathmandu where we can enjoy the beautiful views of terraced hills and Rivers on the way. After reaching Kathmandu we can either take rest or do some shopping around Thamel.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 10: Final Departure
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- One full-day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Trekking permits like TIMS and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
- Transportation by Tourist Bus
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), during the trek
- Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
- Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
- Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
- Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Farewell dinner.
- Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required Government and local taxes
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- First Aid service (Basic)
- Nepal arrival visa fee
- Meals in the city (Kathmandu/Pokhara) except breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
- Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
- Wi-Fi, hot showers, battery charging services during the trek
- Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD26 per person)
- Your personal nature expenses like, mineral water, soft and alcoholic beverages, snacks, extra meal, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters
- Tips (As an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation.
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
We will meet upon your arrival at Kathmandu at Tribhuvan International Airport.
During your stay in Kathmandu, we will visit Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath.